- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- Remove the outer leaves.
- Cut off the shoots from the middle of the puntarelle.
- Slice the shoots into long, thin strips.
- Place your sliced Puntarelle shoots into a bowl of ice cold water. Soak them for an hour (after 30 minutes you will notice the shoots start to curl).
- For the dressing: mix olive oil, anchovies, red wine vinegar & garlic.
- After the Puntarelle shoots are done soaking, drain them and dry with a towel.
- Toss with dressing and serve.