This Fig & Nut pie is a fun twist on the traditional pecan pie! The mixed nuts bring a variety of flavors and textures while the figs add an extra sweet touch. A perfect combination to the pumpkin pie on your desert table!
1. In a small saucepan, combine figs and water. Cook and stir over low heat until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in marmalade.
2. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the corn syrup, eggs, butter, vanilla and fig mixture; stir in nuts.
3. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Add mixture to the pie crust.
4. Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary. Let cool.
5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.
Serve & Mangia!