Fig Butter with Goat Cheese Appetizer
This recipe is the perfect appetizers for the cheese lovers! Goat cheese pairs perfectly with this fig butter and is a combo anyone will love!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1lb Fresh Black Mission Joe’s Premium Figs
- 1 cup water or apple juice
- 1/4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 log fresh goat cheese (depends on crowd size)
-Roasted shelled pistachios
– Honey drizzling
– Crackers or fresh bread
- Wash, desteam, and slice figs in half.
- Bring figs, balsamic, lemon, vanilla, and cinnamon to a simmer in a medium pot. Cook, stirring occasionally over low heat, for 20 minutes for until figs are very soft.
- Let cool completely and puree mixture in a food processor until smooth. Adding more water to desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass jar.
On a small plate, place goat cheese & top with fig butter, drizzle honey & sprinkle pistachios over. Server with crackers or bread! – mangia
- Make the fig butter ahead, store fig butter in fridge for up to two weeks or in freezer for up to six months.